Buildings in the National Register of Historic Places
NE Corner of East Ute Place & North Kingston Place (map it)
Dawson School is a sandstone, Romanesque style, two-room building. It is an excellent example of a schoolhouse built after the post-statehood school building boom. Originally, there was a bell tower atop the porch, however, it was removed at an unknown time. Decorative details include an arched partial porch, two semicircular windows flanking the porch, a boxed cornice and gable returns. Dawson School was an important center for Dawson community activities. The school was the only municipal building in Dawson until 1942 when the firehouse was built.
Dawson School was listed in the National Register of Historic places on December 7, 2001 under Criteria A and C and its NRIS number is 01001357.