Art Deco Buildings in Tulsa
7228 South Evanston Avenue (map it)
Howard J. Sherman originally built this two-story house of steel reinforced concrete in the country. He called his property “the farm” and raised turkeys there. Mr. Sherman was the seventeenth employee of the Phillips Petroleum Company in Bartlesville. He later moved to Tulsa to form McIntyre-Sherman-Cummings which obtained interests in the Texas Oil Field discovery of 1936. This house is vertically massed with open decks topped with a triple pipe railing. There is a curved second floor balcony and a porte cochere allowing automobile approach to a side door.